New York Women in Communications, Inc. is the premier organization for communications professionals in the New York metropolitan area.
We are a not-for-profit association 501(c)(3) founded in 1929, and we operate in a city that leads the industry and shapes the way people communicate around the world.
Unlike other industry organizations, NYWICI supports women across the full spectrum of the rapidly changing communications landscape and at every career stage — from student to C-suite. Membership is made up of students, professionals at entry levels, mid-career stages and top management, as well as growing numbers of entrepreneurs. As various communication channels and disciplines continue to converge, NYWICI is uniquely positioned to help our members navigate every aspect of the industry and connect with other women in diverse fields, including print and digital media, broadcasting, marketing, advertising, video and content creation.
Take the lead and get involved now with the Leaders of Today and the Rising Stars of Tomorrow in the rapidly changing world of communications.
New York Women in Communications (NYWICI) is a 501c3 organization that empowers women across all communications disciplines, at every career stage, to reach their full potential by:
- Inspiring women to achieve and to share their success
- Promoting leadership and professional development
- Networking for professional growth and support
- Nurturing future leaders in communications
To strengthen the role of women in all communications professions, we strive to:
- Inspire women to achieve and to share their success
- Promote leadership and professional development
- Network for professional growth and support
- Nurture future leaders in communications
- 70% earn $50,000+ annually; 20% make $125,000+ annually
- 70% range in age from 25 to 54
- 90% hold management positions in advertising & marketing, corporate communications, digital media, magazine and book publishing, and public relations
- 10% own their business or function as chief executives, senior executives, managing editors, presidents and publishers within major communications firms
- Students and young executives represent the fastest-growing member segment.