Who are we?
Kellen is a global professional services firm with a primary concentration in association management and communications. We also offer outsource services such as meetings and conference management, digital marketing and strategic advice. We are an employee-owned company (ESOP) with 300+ employees from a wide variety of professional disciplines. Kellen has eight offices in Atlanta, Brussels, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, New York City and Washington DC.
What are we looking for?
Must be available to work Full-time 8a-5p from 2/1/2017-7/31/2017.
Get ready to launch your communications career!
Full-time, paid, public relations, marketing and administrative support intern from January through May 2017
Kellen’s communications group is a mid-sized, full-service, global public relations, public affairs and digital agency that seeks a full-time intern for a paid position on its New York City team.
Kellen promotes, protects and defends its clients through strategic communications campaigns that build awareness and audience engagement. From trade associations that represent entire industries to nonprofit organizations to corporations, our award-winning professionals are expert at developing and implementing campaigns that produce measurable results.
What will you do?
- Media research and database development
- Client, industry and competitor research
- Media tracking and clipping
- Draft and format documents, presentations and other communications materials
- Social media program support
- Work with various account teams on the implementation of PR and social media programs
- Creative collaboration on new business proposals and client campaigns
- Email outreach/marketing and phone outreach
- Assist with event planning, meeting and presentation arrangements
- Provide regular project reports
- Work closely with PR staff to develop and coordinate projects
- General office and administrative duties
Am I qualified?
- Pursuing or completed a course of study in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related area
- Minimum of two years of college experience or a recent college graduate
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- A problem solver and someone who takes initiative and anticipates needs
- Team player who is accountable for initiating and monitoring projects through to completion with limited management direction
- High energy, versatile and multi-task oriented. Self-directed and good analytical and organizational skills with consistent attention to detail and deadlines
- Computer literate – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint a must. Cision, Meltwater and TVEyes a plus.
- Eager to learn with a positive attitude.
- Flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines. Excellent focus and ability to prioritize work.
- Previous PR internship experience a plus
What do we offer?
By joining Kellen, you will have the opportunity to own a part of the business and contribute to a collaborative workplace where you can make a difference. We’ve got great benefits, paid vacation, holidays, ESOP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more!
Please send your resume, cover letter with salary requirements to HR2@kellencompany.com
To find out more about us visit: http://kellencompany.com/communications/