The Corporate Communications Consultant will be charged with managing the overall corporate communications program for Stamford Health. They will serve as a communications resource for the Executive Team and support system-wide efforts such as Culture & Engagement, Just Culture, and Culture of Safety. They will prepare the annual corporate communications plan and messaging platform for the organization.
Major Accountabilities/Critical Responsibilities
- A strategic thinker able to contribute at a senior level in addition to strong operational and delivery skills;
- Maturity and credibility to lead a communications function providing excellence in all fields of communication;
- A team leader who can energize and motivate his or her staff but also build, develop and work with functional experts spanning all disciplines within the team;
- A team player comfortable operating at the most senior levels within the company and outside it and capable of building strong links with Corporate Communications;
- Creative thinker, able to conceive unconventional solutions in support of rapid growth;
- Strong influencing skills to win the support of department managers and to provide leadership of functional staff over whom he or she may not have direct line responsibility;
- Dynamic and high energy, able to perform well under deadline pressure.
- Be responsible for all written communications, including electronic and print communications with staff and physicians, contributions to company publications, marketing materials, websites and client/community engagement communications,
- Work with other functions including HR, IT, Safety and Medical Staff Office to support their communications needs,
- Provide strategic counsel to Executive Leadership and senior management teams, and department heads to build and protect corporate brand name and image;
- Provide change management communications strategies for major corporate decisions, acquisitions and integrations;
- Manage an annual budget for the Corporate Communications Function.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in corporate /internal communications within a corporate or agency environment. Work in healthcare or similar industry preferred.
- Exceptional writing ability, editing and project management skills. Experience working with and presenting in front of high-level executives.
- Knowledge of current social media monitoring applications and tracking programs for internal communications.
- Desire and proven capability to provide creative feedback and solutions to communications challenges.
- Passion to work and grow within a leading regional health system.
- Comfortable working both independently and with a diverse team; ability to collaborate creatively and productively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and heavy work volume; work well under pressure and deadlines; flexible and adaptable to unexpected changes in environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field is required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
Please email resume and cover letter to Jean Hitchcock, firstname.lastname@example.org, to apply.