Leadership Lessons from Wendy Clark
Wendy Clark graciously agreed to be the keynote speaker at NYWICI’s 2015 annual event at the invitation of her friend and NYWICI’s incoming president, Kim Kelleher. I have to admit that it was exciting and a bit daunting to meet Wendy, a true legend in marketing and a 2014 Matrix Award winner.
In her keynote, Wendy spoke about her life and career, sharing lessons learned along the way. My thumbs were in overdrive as I scrambled to compose compelling tweets that captured Wendy’s wit and wisdom. Here is my list of favorite “Wendy-isms” that I plan on using to up my game. I hope they inspire you, too.
- Being underestimated is a gift. Embrace it — and then outthink, outwork and outperform.
- Individual belief means believing in yourself with a quiet humble confidence.
- Belief can be a powerful business tool if you fuel your individual belief – and forge collective belief in your vision.
- Bravery is putting voice to your beliefs and then acting on them in the face of opposition.
- You can be a worse “them” or better “you”; choose a better you.
— Linda Descano