Editorial Associate – Manhattan College
The individual in this position should be a self-starter who can seamlessly manage projects carried out by both the print and web facets of the office of Marketing and Communication, and produce editorial and multimedia content that furthers the mission of Manhattan College. This person is a major contributor to the alumni magazine and a creative resource to major projects led by primarily by the Director of Publications, as well as Web Communications. This position requires a strong writing and editing skills, and someone who is deadline-driven and detail-oriented.
This position will primarily serve as assistant editor for Manhattan College’s alumni magazine, M. Responsibilities include:
• Writing alumni profiles, on-campus news articles, feature stories and sidebars, which include interviewing various sources and event coverage (some local travel may be involved to interview subjects of profiles and content for feature stories).
• Assist with the creation of a digital magazine that will complement the printed version. This will require contributing multimedia content, and helping to manage and update the site.
• Help with hiring photographers and assisting at photo shoots.
• Working one-on-one with student workers and the graduate assistant to draft and edit stories for M.
• General publications assistance, which includes contributing to the writing, editing, and photo-sourcing processes for other publications.
• Research, pitch and write stories for manhattan.edu, and contribute editorially to the website when possible.
• Work with web communications team to assist in strategizing event promotion and website homepage planning.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field
• 2-3 years of work experience in any or all of the following areas: journalism, print or online media, communications, publishing
• Strong copyediting skills and practiced in using the Associated Press Style Guide.
• Digital media experience, and comfortable working with design software, such as Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
• Photography experience and knowledge of basic HTML and CMS.
To apply, please visit the Human Resources page on the College’s website, manhattan.edu.