CITI'S MARKETING & FINANCE EXPERT LINDA DESCANO
NEW YORK WOMEN IN COMMUNICATIONS
New 2014-2015 Board Elected for Prominent Women’s Communications Organization
NEW YORK, NY (June 2, 2014) -- New York Women in Communications, the leading professional organization for women in communications in the New York City metro area, has elected its new board of directors for the 2014-2015 year. Linda Descano, Managing Director and Head, Content & Social, North America, Citi, has been appointed President. Ms. Descano succeeds Liz Kaplow, Founder and CEO of Kaplow Communications, who served as the organization’s president for the past year and will remain on the board.
Comprised of influential women in media, New York Women in Communications provides invaluable education and leadership for women in the workplace at all stages of their careers and empowers them to achieve and share their success in the ever changing landscape of communications.
Linda Descano, CFA®, is Managing Director and Head of Content and Social at Citi, responsible for social media and content marketing efforts for the U.S. consumer businesses. Linda also serves as President and CEO of Women & Co., Citi’s award-winning digital publisher of financial lifestyle content. During Linda’s term as NYWICI Board President, Linda plans to apply her savvy social media and marketing skills to women, to further assist in elevating the organization and its programming for the upcoming year.
"I look forward to continuing to build NYWICI reputation as the premier professional organization for women communicators across all disciplines and at every career stage "says Linda Descano.”Our vision is to connect with the women who connect the world - through dynamic programming, robust social media communities and valuable networking opportunities on a multi-cultural level. Today's communications landscape is in a state of constant change, and our goal is to empower our members with the information and inspiration to stay ahead of the rapidly emerging trends."
The 2014-2015 New York Women in Communications board of directors includes:
- President: Linda Descano, Managing Director and Head, Content & Social, North America, Citi and President and CEO, Women & Co.
- President Elect: Kim Kelleher, VP-Publisher, WIRED Magazine
- Immediate Past President: Liz Kaplow, President & CEO, Kaplow.
- Chief Communications Officer: Debbie Coffey, Vice President, Global Marketing Communications and Public Relations, Avon Products, Inc.
- Vice President, Finance/Treasurer: Cheryl Surana, Director of Operations and Student Services, Executive MBA, Columbia Business School.
- Assistant Treasurer: Denise Gillen, Manager, Fragrances Communications and Sustainability Communications, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
- Vice President, Integrated Marketing & Communications –Editorial: Dimitra DeFotis Senior Editor, Barrons.com.
- Vice President, Integrated Marketing & Communications –Digital: Deanna Utroske, Communications consultant.
- Vice President, Integrated Marketing & Communications – Visual Strategy: Tanya Jones, Executive Producer, Meredith Video Studios.
- Vice President, Membership: Diane Baranello, Principal, Coaching for Distinction.
- Vice President, Membership: Hannah Green Goldberg, National Head of Finance & Professional
Services, Marketing Solutions, Emerging & Core Business, LinkedIn.
- Vice President, Programming: Lori Greene, Senior Partner, Content Director, Maxus Global.
- Vice President, Programming: Elizabeth Kressel, Founder & CEO, Collectors Quest.
- Vice President, Sponsorship: Laura Sequenzia, Head of Sales, Corporate Partnerships, Condé Nast.
- Vice President, Sponsorship: Erika Nardini, Chief Marketing Officer, AOL Advertising.
- Vice President, Strategic Planning: Jessica Kleiman, EVP, Communications, SANDOW
- Vice President, Strategic Planning: Susan Schulz, Editorial Brand Director, Cosmopolitan Magazine, Hearst.
- Vice President, Student Affairs: Megan Hess, Assistant Editor, Mashable.
- Vice President, Student Affairs: Brittany Hennessy, Director of Digital Marketing & Strategic Partnerships, Lucille Roberts.
About New York Women in Communications
New York Women in Communications, founded in 1929, is a not-for-profit organization of more than 2,000 communications professionals dedicated to promoting the highest standards throughout the industry and to providing education and leadership for the next generation. The membership encompasses senior executives and other experienced communicators from a wide range of enterprises, as well as young professionals and students. New York Women in Communications empowers women in all communications disciplines to reach their full potential by promoting their professional growth and inspiring them to achieve and share their successes. Visit us at:
Twitter: www.twitter.com/NYWICI : #NYWICI