NEW YORK WOMEN IN COMMUNICATIONS HOSTS PRIVATE IN-PERSON VIP RECEPTION NOVEMBER 8 CELEBRATING 2020 AND 2021 MATRIX AWARDS WINNERS
Forbes Executive Vice President Moira Forbes Emcees Intimate and Inspiring Fireside Chat with Matrix Awards 2021 Honorees
Event features Performance by 19-Year-Old International Yamaha Pianist Daniela Liebman
New York, NY November 9, 2021 – Following its successful 51st Matrix Awards, New York Women in Communications (NYWICI) celebrated an all-star group of leaders at a private VIP reception last night at Current, located at Pier 59. The cocktail reception marked the first time the organization has hosted an in-person event to celebrate leaders in the communications industry in nearly two years.
The program was hosted by Bloomberg Media and featured a fireside chat with 2021 Matrix Awards honorees emceed by Moira Forbes, Executive Vice President of Forbes and President and Publisher of ForbesWomen.
“In my two business leadership positions and as a mother of two young girls, Mylah and Holland, you can see that I tend to gravitate towards opportunities that help make a significant impact on people, business and culture,” remarked Ashley Miles, NYWICI 2020/2021 President and founder of Franklyn West. “I believe that doing good business, with good people, and great companies, unlocks joy and a wealth of growth opportunities for all,” she added.
2020 and 2021 Matrix Award winners in attendance at the event included:
- Hoda Kotb, Co-anchor, NBC News’ TODAY, co-host, TODAY with Hoda & Jenna (2021 Honoree)
- Judith Harrison, Executive Vice President, Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Weber Shandwick (2021 Honoree and former NYWICI President)
- Dawn Ostroff, Chief Content & Advertising Business Officer, Spotify (2021 Honoree)
- Amanda Richman, North America CEO, Mindshare (2021 Honoree)
- Marisa Thalberg, Executive Vice President, Chief Brand and Marketing Officer, Lowes (2021 Honoree)
- Barri Rafferty, Head of Corporate Communications, Wells Fargo (2020 Matrix Awards Honoree)
- Ashley Miles, NYWICI 2021/2022 President, founder and CEO of Franklyn West
- Dustee Jenkins, NYWICI 2021/2022 President, Spotify Global Head of Communications
- Moira Forbes, Executive Vice President Forbes; President and Publisher of ForbesWomen
- Shartia Brantley, Deputy Bureau Chief, Bloomberg Media
- Tamsen Fadal, Emmy award-winning journalist, PIX11 Anchor, Host and Executive Producer of Broadway Profiles
- Daniela Liebman, 19-year-old Juilliard trained Mexican pianist
About New York Women in Communications
New York Women in Communications is dedicated to promoting the highest standards throughout the industry and to providing education and leadership for the next generation. Founded in 1929, the not-for-profit association has more than 2,500 members — from senior executives to students and entrepreneurs to young professionals — representing a variety of communications disciplines. NYWICI’s mission is to support women at all levels of their communications careers, to help define the future of communications and stay ahead of the industry’s ever-changing landscape. The organization’s membership encompasses senior executives and other experienced communicators from a wide range of enterprises, as well as young professionals and students. NYWICI empowers women across communications disciplines to reach their full potential by promoting their professional growth, inspiring them to achieve and share their successes and helping them navigate the evolving and converging world of communications.
Beth Feldman Media
Follow Us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYWICI
Matrix hashtag: #matrix2021
# # #