THE NYWICI SCHOLARSHIPS
SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY & QUALIFICATIONS
- U. S. citizens or Permanent Residents who live in NY, NJ, CT, or PA
- College undergraduate and graduate students who are permanent residents of one of these states.
- College undergraduates and graduate students must be full-time students
- Graduate students must also be members of New York Women in Communications in good standing (i.e., dues for the current year paid in full before applying – no exceptions)
- NOTE: As long as students fulfill the permanent home residency requirements, applicants are eligible even if they attend or plan to attend an accredited U.S. college/university located outside of NY, NJ, CT, or PA. This includes participation in a communications-related semester or quarter abroad if still registered at an accredited college/university in the U.S.
- U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents who do not live in NY, NJ, CT, or PA but who are currently enrolled in a communications program at a college/university in New York State may apply.
An applicant must
- be majoring, planning to declare a major, or pursuing an advanced degree in a communications-related field at a U.S. accredited college/university. Communications-related fields include, but are not limited to, advertising, broadcasting, communications, digital media, English, film, journalism, marketing, public relations, or publishing.
- have an overall GPA of 3.2 (or 87%) or better
- be available for an interview (exact dates TBD)
- If awarded, the scholarship funds must be used for the next academic year. We give the scholarship money directly to the school.
- If the letter is not on letterhead (strongly preferred), the writer must provide complete contact information.
- One must be from a faculty member from the applicant’s current institution (i.e., someone from whom the applicant has taken a class and can comment on coursework or an academic advisor).
- The second recommendation must be from the applicant’s supervisor for a job, internship, or volunteer activity; the applicant’s athletic coach; the academic adviser of an extracurricular activity in which the applicant participates; or the instructor from an outside class or course the applicant has taken.
- If a person writing a recommendation prefers to send the recommendation directly to NYWICI, they can send it firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attach it to the student’s file.
Recipients who apply for sponsored scholarships that have mandatory internships not only MUST be available to complete the internships but also MUST notify us if their ability to do so changes at any point in the scholarship process. A recipient who fails to do so will be disqualified from receiving any scholarship from us and will not receive a free year’s membership.
Past scholarship winners who are reapplying must be NYWICI members in good standing (i.e., dues for the current year paid in full, if applicable). NOTE: No individual can receive the same named scholarship twice or more than two scholarships in total through NYWICI.
ELIGIBILITY & QUALIFICATIONS
Find out if you qualify for a 2022 NYWICI Scholarship.
CAN YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS?
The NYWICI Scholarships have strict recipient obligations. Can you fulfill these obligations if you win a scholarship? .
THE SPONSORED SCHOLARSHIPS
This year’s named scholarships come from renowned companies.
MEET THE 2021 SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
9 students have been awarded scholarships this year. Their career plans cover almost every aspect of communications.
VISIT OUR SCHOLARSHIPS HALL OF FAME
Find the students who have won scholarships in the past.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THE 2019 STUDENT CAREER BOOTCAMP
13 tips for the next generation of leaders in communications from industry leaders who share their insights.