SPOTLIGHT: ASHLEY MILES
Founder & CEO of Franklyn West
Ashley Miles is a Game Changer. Mobilizer. Builder and Scaler of Innovative Companies. Dynamic Business Leader paired with a Creative Spirit. Connector of Visionary people. She leads with a play-to-win mentality, stemming from her childhood days as a competitive Equestrian horseback rider, which explains her inner cowgirl spirit in life and business.
Ashley Miles is the Founder/CEO of Franklyn West, a Business Growth Collective, committed to transformation and sustainable growth for courageous companies and leaders. Previously, she served as the Global Chief Business Officer at Thrive Global, reporting directly to Founder/CEO Arianna Huffington. She led worldwide sales, marketing and business ops focused on monetization and accelerating growth through Thrive’s SaaS and advertising partnerships. Prior to Thrive, she spent six years building and scaling Refinery29, the leading digital media and entertainment company for women. Ashley exponentially helped scale Refinery29, drove and diversified revenue growth to a nine-figure business, including the launch and expansion of 29Rooms, the company’s most expansive offline activation. As Chief Client Officer, Head of Advertising, she led Refinery29’s advertising and revenue strategy, growth and development, and oversaw Sales, Marketing Solutions, Client Services, Media Planning/Ops.
Ashley served as Regional Vice President at Brand.net, an ad technology company and saw through its acquisition by Valassis and served as Executive Sales Director, Beauty at Time Inc., InStyle.com, where she piloted growth in the Beauty/Wellness category.
As a mother of two young girls, Mylah and Holland, Ashley is proud to help women claim their power in business as Immediate Past President of New York Women in Communications (NYWICI) previously VP, Corporate Membership and first-ever Development Chair. In her role as President, formally launched the #WomenHeard initiative to address the dramatic departure of women from the workforce post Covid-19. Ashley is a recipient of the New York Women in Communications WICI Award and has served on the Board of Governors of Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) for six years. She is a proud Louisiana native, Ole Miss Journalism/New Media alum, serves on the board of Preschool Partners and is a co-host of The Impossible Podcast.
- WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO JOIN THE NYWICI BOARD OF DIRECTORS? The people. The mission. The history and opportunity to help build a brighter future for women and business.
- WHAT PIECE OF CAREER ADVICE DO YOU LIVE BY? Always stay one step ahead. In order to do so, we must find and activate our inner bold, leave things better than we found them, and always surround ourselves with the best people.
- WHAT’S SOMETHING MOST PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU? In order to create sustainable growth in my life, career and work at Franklyn West, I have to create space for creativity, personal connections and family – they fill my cup which in return can fill others.
- WHAT IS THE BEST THING YOU’VE WATCHED, LISTENED TO AND/OR READ IN THE PAST MONTH? I’ve been loving producing and listening to The Impossible Podcast in partnership with my dear friend and co-host Megan Rokosh (also a NYWICI board member). The Impossible platform offers guests a seat at the table to learn how business moguls, professional athletes, artists, and proven game-changers across all industries overcame impossible setbacks in their unique journeys to success. We uncover the raw stories that break conventions, smash glass ceilings, and redefine what’s possible. I’m personally loving the recent Sally Susman episode – who happens to be EVP and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at Pfizer and a NYWICI past Matrix honoree!
- WHAT 5 PEOPLE, LIVING OR DEAD, WOULD YOU INVITE FOR DINNER?
Iris Apfel, Diane Keaton, Oprah, Maya Angelou and Indra Nooyi