SPOTLIGHT: LIZ PITONYAK
FIVE QUESTIONS FOR LIZ:
- WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO JOIN THE NYWICI BOARD OF DIRECTORS?
I feel fortunate that I received support and help along my career journey from a few important mentors, and I was looking for a way to give back. The opportunity to join the NYWICI Board of Directors allowed me the chance to work on something in my wheelhouse and support and provide mentorship to women in the process.
- WHAT PIECE OF CAREER ADVICE DO YOU LIVE BY?
I live by the concept of bringing my whole self to my career. My family is always priority #1 and I never shy away from sharing when I need flexibility because I know it might make it easier for the next person.
- WHAT’S SOMETHING MOST PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I grew up on a barrier island off the coast of Charleston, South Carolina.
- WHAT IS THE BEST THING YOU’VE WATCHED, LISTENED TO AND/OR READ IN THE PAST MONTH?
I’m currently reading Brené Brown’s Dare to Lead and only half way through it has truly expanded my thinking on how to be a true leader.
- WHAT 5 PEOPLE, LIVING OR DEAD, WOULD YOU INVITE FOR DINNER?
These ladies would make for a fabulous dinner party: Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Ina Garten (she would need to help me cook though), Lizzo, Amy Poehler and Betty White.