SPOTLIGHT: ABBEY KLAASSEN
Five Questions for Abbey
- WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO JOIN THE NYWICI BOARD OF DIRECTORS?
I love supporting and championing women in this industry and driving greater representation across the board and NYWICI is a wonderful way to contribute to that while meeting and get inspired by my fellow board members.
2. WHAT PIECE OF CAREER ADVICE DO YOU LIVE BY?
I’m all about a “can do attitude.” I don’t spend a lot of time focusing on what can’t be done, but rather focus on what can be accomplished.
3. WHAT’S SOMETHING MOST PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I have taken up golf again during the pandemic. I played in high school and then barely touched my clubs for a few decades. I’m now finding it to be my favorite way to relax on a Friday evening in the summer. And my stroke is slowly but surely improving!
4. WHAT IS THE BEST THING YOU’VE WATCHED, LISTENED TO AND/OR READ IN THE PAST MONTH?
I love Anne Helen Peterson’s Culture Study Substack newsletter. As a bonus, it’s got an active community that is generous with sharing thoughts, recommendations, and wisdom.
5. WHAT 5 PEOPLE, LIVING OR DEAD, WOULD YOU INVITE FOR DINNER?
My grandmother, Madeleine Albright, Dolly Parton, Michelle Obama, and Tina Fey.